That Other Political Blog

Well, it's time.

I've had this blog's name saved for many moons, while I decided whether I should take the leap and create a political blog.

You see, I'm not a politician. I don't have a degree in economics, or political science, or foreign affairs. There is nothing in my background that qualifies me to pontificate on political topics with the gravitas of a William F. Buckley or the humor of a Molly Ivins. I'm not a lawyer or a Constitutional scholar.

So why bother?

Because I have something to say. I have opinions based on years of being an involved citizen, keeping up with current affairs, and being a political junkie. I am a policy wonk wannabe. I've always said I don't want to be a politician, but I wouldn't mind owning a couple. (Insert tongue-in-cheek HTML tag here.) I think I am representative of thoughtful, reasonably well-educated citizens who take an interest in government and participate in the political process.

You probably won't agree with me about everything. I describe myself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal. When the two conflict, I tend toward the left of center -- but not too far left. (However, I notice I become more liberal as I get older.)

So here I go. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Prop 8

Freedom?

Election Night