Democrats = Stoopid

Before I start my rant, a quick shout-out to Judge Walker! Freedom to marry begins Wednesday. Any of my California friends planning to camp out for a license?

Okay, I know -- anyone who reads this blog regularly knows I'm generally a fan of Democrats. You might even say I am fond of them. So why I am saying they are stoopid? (I'll even spell it correctly: Stupid.)

Because Democrats do the right things and then let the spin machine turn on them, turning good stuff into bad stuff.

Here's a prime example: Charlie Rangel and Maxine Waters are being investigated by the new Office of Congressional Ethics. This is an independent panel, created by a Democratic congress to bring independence and transparency to the ethics process, as opposed to the House Ethics Committee which operates in secrecy.

So the charges against Rangel and Waters are a victory, not a defeat, for Democrats on the ethics issue. (But boy, you sure won't hear it that way in the media.)

If I were writing the Democratic caucus's talking points for this fall, here's what I'd say: Democrats have proven their commitment to conducting the nation's business without corruption, as is evidenced by the creation of the OCE. Democrats are not unwilling to go after their own when there is evidence of misconduct. Instead of closing ranks to hide corruption, a transparent, independent office has publicized its findings, leading to formal charges in the House of ethics violations against two senior, powerful members.

The ethics problems of two members of a 435 member House do not constitute Democrats being the corrupt party in power. During their many years in power, the Republican party did nothing to strengthen ethics enforcement.

This is proof the Democrats are walking their talk on the ethics issue, and "draining the swamp" without prejudice, even when it hits their own party. Which party are you going to trust now? The party of smoke-filled rooms or the party of transparent proceedings?

But instead of hitting the airwaves with my brilliant talking points, we have Democrats wringing their hands and letting the ethics issue be stolen by the party that did nothing about it for all those years in the majority.

Like I said. Stupid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More on Prop 8

Freedom?

January 20th